- At rated capacity, a treated nylon sling stretches approximately 10%, whereas a treated polyester sling will stretch approximately 7%. Nylon's extra stretch helps to avoid shock loading. The lesser stretch of polyester makes load control easier by reducing bounce. In a chemical environment, nylon should not be used around acids or bleaching agents while polyester should not be used near aldehydes.
- Water has no significant effect on the strength of web slings. For questions on specific chemicals, please contact the Lift-All Customer Service Department for assistance at 800-909-1964 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dirt in a web sling can promote internal abrasion that can reduce sling strength and possibly shorten sling life.
Should I clean my synthetic sling?快三彩票计划AppCleaning of synthetic slings is addressed in technical bulletin G-31 Clean r1-07
- A sling that can be identified as a Lift-All sling can be retagged if it otherwise passes inspection.
- Unprotected slings should not be used since the forks may cut slings under load. Single Fork Hooks attached to forklift forks are designed specifically for this purpose.
- Since the eyes are essentially basket hitches, there is no need for two-ply eyes on a two-ply sling.